UpdatedSaturday January 18, 2020 byDGSA.
In order to play in the U-8 league, girls must be 7 or 8 years old as of January 1 of that season.
The U-8 teams will play on Tuesday & Thursday nights at 5:00pm, 6:30pm, or 8:00pm. Regular season games will begin with an opening weekend of games in the middle of May and then the normal Tuesday & Thursday schedule will follow. A league tournament will take place at the end of the regular season. The season will be completed by July 4th. Games will be scored and coaches will pitch.
- To build upon the fundamentals of softball that these athletes were introduced to from the U-6 league.
- To provide an increasingly competitive softball environment to help the athletes prepare for the U-10 league.
$55 per player (Save $10 by registering before February 15th). Includes the usage of bats, helmets, and catching equipment. Each player is to provide their own glove. A fielding facemask is not required but recommended. A team shirt will also be provided.
Click here to Register!
Registration deadline is March 15
If you have any questions about this league, please contact the U8 league coordinator: email@example.com
NEW RULE CHANGES FOR 2020!
Below is a summary of the rule changes being made for U8 for the 2020 sesaon. See the attachment below for the full details.
- Player pitch instead of coach pitch. 30ft distance to plate.
- If a pitcher walks 3 batters or hits 2 batters in an inning, the batting team
coach will come out and pitch with a limit of 5 pitches per batter the rest of that inning from
the pitching circle. If the batter doesn’t swing on the 5th pitch or swings 3 times and misses
the batter is out. If the batter fouls the 5th pitch off they continue till they miss or put the
ball in play. The pitcher will play defense when coach pitches but must have at least one
foot in the pitching circle. The pitcher may resume pitching the next inning unless they
reached their innings max or gets substituted for a different pitcher. (Coach can come into
pitch if a player wants to quit in the middle of an inning but another player must start the
next inning pitching)
- If the pitcher throws 4 balls that aren’t strikes, it’s a “walk”. The batter doesn’t
take her base but a coach brings out a batting tee, the batter gets 2 swings to hit the ball if
unable to do so the batter is out.
- A pitcher is allowed to pitch a maximum of 3 innings per game. Those 3
innings do not need to be successive.
- All Pitchers must wear a face mask.
- One umpire will be present for each game to call balls & strikes and other calls