REGISTER FOR 2024 SUMMER LEAGUE - PLAYER
REGISTER FOR 2024 SUMMER LEAGUE - VOLUNTEER
- In order to play in the 6U league, girls must be 4, 5, or 6 years old as of January 1 of that season.
- If a player has the appropriate skills and experience and is interested in playing up an age group (i.e. birthday puts her in the league lower than the rest of her classmates) please register for their normal age group and mention the special request in the comments field during the registration process. Each request will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and the results will be shared via email before the start of the season.
- Two practices will be scheduled prior to games starting
- Games will be Wednesdays
- Games will consist of 30 minutes of practice time and a 30 minute game, progressing to more game time than practice time by the end of the season. Games will not be scored and outs will not be counted.
- Times will be either 5-6pm or 6-7pm on Wednesdays
- $50 per player
- All coaches and players will receive a t-shirt
- Final registration closes March 4, 2024
- Late registrations allowed with Board approval
- No Full Refunds after registration closes. A pro-rated, board approved, refund may be available from the close of registration to the start of the season. Absolutely no refund after the first game of the season.
- DGSA will provide balls, bats, and catching equipment
- DGSA will also provide a team shirt to each player and coach
- Players should provide their own gloves
- Players can use their own batting helmet with a face mask if they have one. Otherwise, DGSA has some batting helmets that can be used by the players as well.
- Cleats are not required and general athletic shoes are sufficient at this age
- Any type of athletic or jogging pants are also sufficient at this age
The objective of this league is to introduce these athletes to softball. This is a non-competitive league. No games will be scored. No League standings are kept. Active involvement from each athlete is the top priority for this league. Throughout the season the girls should be taught the following fundamentals:
- Proper safety procedures (wearing helmets, etc.)
- How to wear a softball glove properly
- How to hold a bat properly
- Fundamentals of throwing a softball
- Fundamentals of fielding a softball
- Basic Rules such as how to score a run, how to make an out, what are a strike and a ball
- The fundamentals of each position (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.)
- Basic softball strategy
If you have any questions about this league, please contact the 6U league coordinator: U6comissioner@dpgsa.com