REGISTER FOR 2024 SUMMER LEAGUE - PLAYER
REGISTER FOR 2024 SUMMER LEAGUE - VOLUNTEER
- In order to play in the 8U league, girls must be 7 or 8 years old as of January 1 of that season.
- If a player has the appropriate skills and experience and is interested in playing up an age group (i.e. birthday puts her in the league lower than the rest of her classmates) please register for their normal age group and mention the special request in the comments field during the registration process. Each request will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and the results will be shared via email before the start of the season.
Practices and Games will be Tuesday and Thursday. One day will be a practice and the other a game.
Travel Tournament Team girls will practice with their Travel Team coach
Rec girls will combine teams with other Rec teams and practice with their Rec coaches
Games will be a combined team of both Travel Tournament Team girls and Rec girls (remains the same)
- Games/Practices will be on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays at either 5pm or 6:15pm
- Youth Day (De Pere vs West De Pere High School) is May 6th at West De Pere (more details to come)
- Practices will start the week of May 6th
- Games will start the week May 27 and end the week of June 24
- Year-end tournament is the week of July 8th. (Off 4th of July week)
- $60 per player
- All coaches and players will receive a t-shirt
- Umpire fees included
- Final registration closes March 4, 2024
- Late registrations allowed with Board approval
- No Full Refunds after registration closes. A pro-rated, board approved, refund may be available from the close of registration to the start of the season. Absolutely no refund after the first game of the season.
- DGSA will provide balls, bats, and catching equipment
- DGSA will also provide a team shirt to each player and coach
- Players can use their own batting helmet with a face mask if they have one. Otherwise, DGSA has some batting helmets that can be used by the players as well.
- Cleats are not required and general athletic shoes are sufficient at this age
- Any type of athletic or jogging pants are also sufficient at this age
- A fielding facemask is not required but strongly recommended
- To build upon the fundamentals of softball that these athletes were introduced to from the 6U league.
- To provide an increasingly competitive softball environment to help the athletes prepare for the 10U league.
- This league is a modified ASA scoring league where team standings are tracked for seeding purposes for the end of the season tournament.
If you have any questions about this league, please contact the 8U league coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org