REGISTER FOR 2023 SUMMER LEAGUE - PLAYER
REGISTER FOR 2023 SUMMER LEAGUE - VOLUNTEER
- In order to play in the 10U league, girls must be 9 or 10 years old as of January 1 of that season.
- If a player has the appropriate skills and experience and is interested in playing up an age group (i.e. birthday puts her in the league lower than the rest of her classmates) please register for their normal age group and mention the special request in the comments field during the registration process. Each request will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and the results will be shared via email before the start of the season.
- DGSA joined a local area Rec league (Fox River Girls Rec Softball League) to include surrounding community league teams
- Games may be played at Allouez, Bay Port, Southwest, Ashwaubenon, or Optimist Park
- Not all games will be at Optimist Park
- All practices will be at Optimist Park (remains the same)
- Tournament Team Travel girls are no longer required to play in the Rec league
- Tournament Team Travel girls will have a separate local travel league (Bay Area Fastpitch Softball Summer League)
- Games/Practices will be on Mondays and Wednesdays anytime after 5pm
- Youth Day (De Pere vs West De Pere High School) is May 6th at West De Pere (more details to come)
- Practices will start the week of May 7th
- Games will start the week of June 4 and end the week of June 25
- Year-end tournament is the week of July 9th. (Off 4th of July week)
- All practices will be held at Optimist Park: 801 Cook St. De Pere
- Game locations will vary between all local area teams in the league. Below are the locations of each park that a game could be played at:
- $70 per player
- All coaches and players will receive a t-shirt
- Umpire fees included
- Final registration closes March 5, 2023
- Early Bird Registration: Save $10 by registering on or before February 12, 2023
- Late registrations allowed with Board approval and an additional $25 late fee
- No Full Refunds after registration closes. A pro-rated, board approved, refund may be available from the close of registration to the start of the season. Absolutely no refund after the first game of the season.
- DGSA will provide balls, bats, and catching equipment
- DGSA will also provide a team shirt to each player and coach
- Players can use their own batting helmet with a face mask if they have one. Otherwise, DGSA has some batting helmets that can be used by the players as well.
- Cleats are not required and general athletic shoes can be worn
- Any type of athletic or jogging pants are also sufficient at this age
- A fielding facemask is not required but strongly recommended
- To build upon the fundamentals of softball that these athletes were introduced to from the 6U and 8U leagues.
- To provide an increasingly competitive softball environment to help the athletes prepare for High School Softball.
- This league is a modified ASA scoring league where team standings are tracked for seeding purposes for the end of the season tournament.
If you have any questions about this league, please email the 10U league coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org